Global Application Support Manager
This is a wonderful opportunity to join one of the leading global academic and educational publishing companies at a point in transition from print publishing to the new “Open Access” publishing digital platform. This is one of the most sought after sectors in IT today. Additionally you will be part of an exciting company where you will be working with colleagues in Los Angeles, Washington DC and Melbourne Australia.
The Global Applications team are looking for an Application Support Manager to lead up a new dedicated, Global Application Support team based in the UK, US and India. As the Application Support Manager you will be managing a team supporting the business’s externally facing web systems, comprising :
- website content systems (CMS)
- 3rd party supplied software applications
- internally developed customer facing web applications built using Microsoft Technologies on SQL Server databases.
The team will be dedicated to supporting 100+ business applications and providing excellent customer. You will be tasked with saving time for project teams to focus on delivery and to increase the efficiency of the applications.
The team will provide technical support & administration on systems such as Microsoft CRM, Author to Reader Fulfilment system, publishing systems, Drupal websites and finance systems: Troubleshooting, analysing and resolving software failures. Application Support will collaborate with internal developers and external vendors to resolve technical application issues quickly. Duties include working with internal business customers on raised issues to understand their needs, deliver training and support, report on successes and understand areas to focus attention, identify regular operational activities for automation or improvement and document standard methodologies to develop an application support knowledgebase.
- Lead a global team of Application Support Systems Analysts to resolve application issues
- Represent Application Support and the needs of our internal customers as part of the Technology Management Team
- Provide technical support on critical issues to resolution.
- Analyse and improve incident and problem management processes
- Communicate regularly with business users, business analysts and technical staff to ensure SLAs and expectations are being met
- Ensure the team are ready to support new applications and changes.
- Perform data trending and data analysis for application support issues logged.
- Monitor events on our critical business applications
- Champion documentation creation and maintenance including: operational processes, incident resolution procedures, maintenance of knowledge articles and security incident logging.
- Ensure finance and personal identifiable information security and privacy follows company policies. Provide required security information for audits.
- Identify and implement process improvements in collaboration with the business, Application Development and IT Operations.
- Assist in training procedures for the team and end users
- Share standard methodologies with the team to improve the quality and efficiency of support services.
- Work effectively with colleagues to develop solutions to complex technical issues.
Education, skills, experience and qualification guidelines
- Extensive experience supporting internal business applications and an understanding of their architecture
- Validated experience of leading people in support roles
- Working knowledge of data analysis activities
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Motivated and self-starter
- Ability to handle tasks effectively; working on multiple initiatives and incidents
- Able to get along with IT and business customers located globally to clarify or define business needs/issues
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills to ensure the highest level of customer happiness
- Experience of ITIL and continuous professional learning
- JIRA and Confluence knowledge desirable
- Experience of global management desirable
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532217