Senior DevOps Engineer - London
Senior DevOps Engineer required in Central London by a global media organisation.
As a skilled DevOps Engineer, you should have skills in most of the following areas:
- Automation and Configuration Management in an Enterprise public cloud environment.
- DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline experience and knowledge of principles and implementation.
- Experience of Cloud Computing (must include AWS) within a corporate setting.
- CI tools: Bamboo, Jenkins.
- VCS tools: Gitlab, Git, Subversion.
- Provisioning and CM tools: Ansible, Chef, Terraform.
- Containerisation and Container Scheduler implementation: Docker, ECS/EKS/Fargate, Swarm mode, Nomad, Kubernetes.
- RedHat / Centos or Debian / Ubuntu Linux administration.
- CDN’s and load balancers.
- Python and bash scripting experience.
- Java Development (nice to have but not essential).
- SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience of working with project delivery teams and thus an understanding of project methodologies e.g. Agile.
- Good communication skills and a can-do attitude are essential.
- Working with client teams to deliver cloud-based solutions.
- Have a deep technical understanding of AWS and deployment pipelines; enabling value add when working with and on boarding projects.
- Evaluate security level of, and work to harden the platform.
- Applicants must have a confident, diplomatic approach and a professional attitude towards work, they will streamline and maintain the build and release processes for the customer's Website and Video on Demand solutions, ensuring the fastest possible turnaround while maintaining a high level of release and service quality.
- To have hands-on experience of or knowledge in configuration and release management processes and to have an understanding of how software design and development methods are applied.
- Experience or interest in delivering robust, high quality code release packages that conform to best practices is essential.
- Ensuring continuous improvement within the team.
In order to be considered, please send your CV ASAP stating current package and availability details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529601