IT Tester- Winchester- 6 to 12 month contract- £300-£350 a day umbrella
Our client provides high quality public services to over a million customers. They build and deliver smart, fast and cost-effective solutions for both local authorities and a range of partner organisations. With IT investment of more than £45 million a year we are as business-like, efficient and successful as any private sector company and have a national reputation for IT excellence, innovation and value.
The IT Testing Team makes a significant contribution to maintaining the quality and usability of IT solutions. Your role will be varied and you will have the opportunity to test a wide range of applications and web-sites. You will be expected to understand technical specifications and to produce appropriate documentation to support the testing process.
* Strong and proven background in software testing / web application testing
* Strong experience of end-to-end software testing including regression testing and writing manual test scripts
* Experience of automated testing (preferably Selenium and C# on .net framework)
* Good experience within Agile / Scrum
* An understanding of customer service
* Effective communication skills, including oral, written and presentation
* Able to establish effective working relationships with people at all levels
* Experience of using processes effectively
* Self motivated and able to use own initiative
* Demonstrates a methodical approach with good organisation and problem solving skills
* Pays attention to detail
* Experience of using Microsoft Office Tools
* Experience of working with a defect tracking tool, eg TFS.
* Experience of using Microsoft Test Professional to create and run test cases, manage defects and track testing progress
* ISTQB - BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification
* Educated to degree level
For further information and to apply please call Victoria at STR on ************ and email a copy of your up to date CV to **********************
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528034