Deputy Data Protection Officer
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Deputy Data Protection Officer (DPO)
We have an exciting opportunity that has just arisen within our Regulatory Risk area of the business as a Deputy Data Protection Officer. This is a permanent opportunity based from our Head Office in Bromley.
You will assist the Privacy & Data Protection Officer in fulfilling their responsibilities under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); leading assurance activity to monitor, oversee and challenge key stakeholders across DLG to ensure their adherence to GDPR obligations.
You will also act and be recognised as a Subject Matter Expert in providing advice and guidance to all areas of the business in relation to privacy and data protection, including supporting relevant projects and processes, to help drive business focused solutions in line with DLG's wider group strategy.
What being our Deputy DPO involves
- Assist in the management of an open, honest and constructive relationship with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) which includes determining when incidents should be notified to the ICO or impacted data subjects; responding to Requests for Assessment; assisting with regulatory investigations and ensuring that our relationship with the regulator continues to strengthen.
- Support the Privacy & Data Protection Officer on key external fora to achieve the Group's agenda and seek to influence the regulatory debate, where it relates to data protection issues.
- Pro-actively identify and analyse f key new or revised privacy and data protection regulations and statements of policy at UK and EU level.
- Work with the Privacy & Data Protection Officer to coordinate Direct Line Group's responses to privacy and data protection consultations, and support the effective delivery of these views to the regulators and other relevant fora;
- Provide Subject Matter Expert privacy advice and guidance to the First Line of Defence in relation to new and existing UK & EU regulations.
- Support high risk projects and processes, ensuring provision of timely business focused solutions.
- Assist the Privacy & Data Protection Officer to contribute material and updates on relevant regulatory data protection matters to Senior Management, Board, and Risk Management Committees.
- Provide 2LOD assurance reviews to assess that First Line of Defence has an effective operational framework so that data protections risks are managed appropriately and to ensure GDPR compliance.
Skills we are looking for
- Thorough working knowledge of GDPR and other UK & EU privacy regulations
- Risk management/Compliance/Legal knowledge beneficial
- Strong analytical background and understanding of technological developments
- Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships both internally & externally at differing levels
- IAPP or other privacy focused qualification would be advantageous
- General Insurance/Financial Services experience would be preferred
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530184