Junior Java Developer x2 - Hertfordshire
Junior Java Developer - Java Software Engineer - Agile - BDD - TDD - Core Java - J2EE - Spring - Spring MVC Hibernate - XML - Maven - Junior Java Developer.
Junior Java Developer x2 required for prestigious financial organisation based near Watford, Hertfordshire. My client seeks experienced and passionate Java Developers to help build, test and maintain the next generation of their market-leading products. Ideal candidates will live within commutable distance of Watford, Hertfordshire and have expertise in development and delivery of robust Java/JEE applications.
- You will join a development team and be involved in end to end Java/Web application development in an Agile Scrum environment.
- You will learn to understand user stories and requirements, contribute to proposed solution designs, and translate these into coded features or solutions that are simple, functional, scalable, and maintainable.
- You will learn to develop a flexible approach to the role, able to demonstrate or develop skills in Front End development, Back End development, systems analysis and testing as required.
- Create, drive and build test strategies that are robust, reusable and scalable.
- Be responsible for creating detailed test artefacts such as test plans, test specifications, automated tests, defect tickets and reports.
- Work with both your team and other cross functional teams to plan and execute tests using the latest test automation technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently.
- You will be equally comfortable in taking sole responsibility for delivery of features or working as part of a team.
- You will be enthusiastic about technology and comfortable taking initiative and innovating with new technologies and techniques.
- Candidates should have an excellent command of verbal and written English, and be focused on individual and team objectives as an active participant in the Agile/Scrum development process, completing assignments in time, and with the necessary quality.
- Good communication skills and working as a team player are essential. You will be able to adapt and align work to changing requirements and priorities, and be committed to delivering value for the organisation.
- You will have a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Ideally a minimum of 1-2 years Java development experience.
- Good knowledge in use of Core Java SE and Java EE (JEE) technologies.
- Experience in use of Spring framework, including Spring Core and Spring MVC.
- Ideally Experience in use of RDBMS technologies, SQL and JDBC in particular.
- Knowledge of OO, Enterprise Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Exposure to Agile Scrum methodology including TDD/BDD expertise and xUnit skills.
- Experience of working with Maven & Git.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a financial global leader who invest heavily in their staff and offer great career progression. Full training to be given. For full job description please contact Stephen Savva at SPS Resourcing or email CV to apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530223