Infrastructure Engineer - Microsoft
Purpose of the Role:
The Infrastructure Engineer role is to ensure the stable operation across all various component infrastructure services such as servers (physical and virtual), storage, clients, mobile devices, and the management and configuration of applications and databases. They will be managing, configuring and troubleshooting these services across a heterogeneous environment of software and hardware vendors with a hybrid architecture of on premise and cloud hosted solutions.
They are expected to be involved in the strategy, design, planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising of the related infrastructure component services.
The person will also mentor and act as a centre of excellence to Infrastructure analysts and assist them in resolving end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. Providing outstanding customer service and a customer focused approach to outcomes is a core responsibility of this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in delivering and supporting a complex Virtual, Physical and Cloud Server Multi domain 1000+ Seats.
- Demonstrable experience of service design, configuration and management across a broad range of Microsoft and related infrastructure services including server, desktop, messaging, unified comms, identity and access management, content management, load balancing, clustering, software distribution, monitoring, Cloud (Azure & AWS) and Office 365
- In depth experience of providing second and third line support across the range of Microsoft and related infrastructure services.
- In-depth experience in managing environments, server patching and deployment using Microsoft System Center Configuration manager (SCCM)
- In-depth experience in managing Active Directory and Group Policy
- Experience of migrating on premise services to cloud through virtualisation technologies
- Experience with Server performance tuning and monitoring tools ie SCOM.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manner of servers and client hardware and associated network equipment
- Demonstrate excellent trouble shooting skills, using the Microsoft toolset, to investigate, diagnose, and rectify issues relating to Server Hardware/OS.
- Good understanding of virtualisation, load balancing, clustering, caching processes.
- Good scripting skills in PowerShell or alternatives.
- Experience in both Microsoft DNS and DHCP design and implementation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530514