The core focus of this role will be the maintenance and development of the infrastructure network, utilising tool sets to automatically manage and provision through code and working with multiple on-site and cloud base platform environments. A broad range of technologies are supported including Azure, Java, .NET and Microsoft solutions.
The successful candidate will split their time between day-to-day maintenance of the existing networks, project work to update/upgrade/improve the infrastructure, and dealing with escalations from the support team.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a track record of delivering infrastructure projects and support services to high standards. You will need to be able to work comfortably under their own initiative and are also encouraged to contribute to the development of the team strategy and objectives.
- Pro-actively manage the network monitoring solutions.
- Support and management of both local and hosted infrastructure.
- Contribute to the development of the team strategy and objectives.
- Third-line incident management, resolution and reporting.
- Liaising with relevant third parties and internal teams.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of three years' experience in a third-line infrastructure engineer role.
- Experience in deploying and administering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2+ topologies.
- Administering Linux (Redhat).
- Proven experience in backup technologies and Disaster Recovery.
- Security best practice awareness (ISO quality standards).
- Monitoring systems: PRTG, netflow, sFlow, packet tracing, etc.
- Networking knowledge including LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies covering routing and fault finding.
- Supporting Server, SAN and storage hardware.
- VMWare and Virtualization deployment and administration.
- Configuration management.
- Application monitoring Newrelic / Appinsight.
- Automating software deployments and Scripting.
- Knowledge and experience with Checkpoint, Cisco and telephony.
- Experience within the Financial Services industry.
- DevOps experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Infrastructure Engineer to join an experienced team who have a deep understanding and passion for providing the best infrastructure services they can to their colleagues by utilising the latest technologies. If you want to work in a team that will take your ideas and make them happen then please apply now.
Talent international are operating as an employment agency in relation to this role. You must have the current right to work in the UK to be considered.
Keywords infrastructure engineer, 3rd line support, windows server, Linux, Redhat, networking, VMWare, Virtualisation, DevOps
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534932