DevOps Engineer - Cyber Security - Hadoop / Big Data
- Full Time
Job Role: DevOps Engineer - Cyber Security
Salary/Rate: Salary DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
DevOps Engineer Cyber Security - Permanent - Reading - Salary DOE
Our client is seeking a Cyber Security DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for the technical liaison with the client's teams to assist with the continuous evolution of our client's cyber platform - to ensure it stays ahead of the relentless innovation of the client's cyber adversaries. They will work alongside the both the company and the client's own staff providing their analytical skills to evolve cyber security use cases and provide in-depth technical assistance for the components of the platform.
- Demonstrable hands on experience and working knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem including but not limited to some of the following:
- HDFS administration tools and techniques.
- Deliver outstanding service to our customers, building on our reputation for excellence in delivery.
- Carry out design, development, integration and testing of applications and services.
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects and operational support tasks.
- Maintain knowledge of the software industry and new trends and approaches.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current threat trends and security technologies.
- Acts as a key contributor and provides expert advice to other groups on technical and operational issues.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana for low latency data analysis and visualisation.
- Experience with issue management and change management systems, preferably the Atlassian toolset.
- Experience with configuration managements tools, preferably Puppet.
- Experience administering virtual machines (Windows and Linux).
- Experience with code performance, profiling and optimisation e.g. data load optimisation and query optimisation.
- A thorough understanding of software build and release management.
- A thorough understanding of unit and integration testing.
- The successful candidate will be office based; the role may also involve infrequent travel to and from other offices throughout the UK.
- Must have achieved a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree e.g. Computer Science or has achieved 5+ years recent and relevant industry experience.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534378