Electrical & Electronic Test Engineer
RLE International is working on behalf of an Automotive OEM Client, who are currently looking to hire a Electrical & Electronics Engineer to join their expanding team.
Our client offers a wide range of unique opportunities available to suit some of the best people and brightest minds in the automotive industry.
So, if you’re looking for a key role in shaping the future of the car industry, they have the stage and the tools necessary for you to make it happen.
Mission & Main Objectives
- To successfully deliver vehicle projects to market. You will be validating the functional operation of various electrical and electronic systems on the vehicle against specifications and regulatory requirements. You will also be required to manage and support creation of test procedures and formal reporting of results.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Minimum of 3 years of test experience relating to the validation of Instrument clusters (IC) within vehicle, including functional, performance and reliability.
- Support and oversee in vehicle and bench test against specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Reporting of concerns into project reviews and senior management.
- Root cause investigation of concerns on vehicles.
- Creation of test specifications to ensure full validation of the Instrument cluster.
- Cross functional working with related departments to ensure early response to reported issues and concerns resolution.
- Provide technical support to support the launch of the new models into European production plants.
Background and Experience
- Have specialist experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Instrument cluster systems validation
- Body electronics validation
- Vehicle Diagnostics validation
- Fuel gauge system validation
- OAT (outside Air temperature) system validation
- Have knowledge of the electrical architecture of vehicle electronics and experience of fault finding.
- Understand electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices
- Be able to risk assess software modifications and develop appropriate test plans/cases Understand network communications and multiple bus principles (CAN, LIN)
- Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Valid UK driving licence is MUST.
- Have fluent written and verbal English language capability
- Be able to operate CANalyzer, CANoe and CANape software or similar and interpret the results
- Be able to use Matlab / Simulink to create test cases for validation of electrical systems
- Be able to follow system circuit diagrams and identify electrical connections
- Be able to demonstrate and have practical experience in problem solving tools and techniques
- Be conversant with digital oscilloscopes, and basic electrical test equipment. Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project. Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self motivating and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be longer periods and or at short notice.
If you have any of the above knowledge and experience, and are interested in hearing more about the opportunities, please apply now.
Hours: 39 per week
Rate: £25 - £30 per hour limited company rate
Eligibility: Due to working on behalf of our Client, unfortunately if you require sponsorship for a visa to work in the UK your application will be automatically declined. These are long term rolling contracts.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530811