When registering to Jobsite you will redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that you application can be reviewed
Are you a Database Developer looking for a new opportunity and challenge in a company that has data at the core of what it does? Are you passionate about implementing the latest technology and techniques? Proven experience of taking technical leadership and ownership? Your next opportunity is waiting for you!
What do we do? A growing software house and telematics company based in Nottingham, Microlise’s mission is to empower our customers to reduce their costs and environmental impact by maximising the efficiency of their transportation operations. We achieve this with our great employees who continue to develop and deploy innovative, industry-leading technology solutions and services.
We are looking for a SQL Database Developer to join our development team. Working in a highly skilled team, you will be designing and approving database schema changes, proactively finding and fixing SQL relate performance bottlenecks, upholding and influencing SQL best practice and good database design principles and general maintenance of our legacy products.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of:
- SQL best practices.
- A broad range of database design principles
- Performance tuning and optimization
- Backward compatibility including experience of older versions SQL
- Knowledge of SQL testing.
- Actively explore new technologies
- Ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to gather requirements in order to deliver solutions
- Work to deadlines and manage time/quality of own and others task on a large number concurrent projects
- Experience with Modelling languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of database deployment and the benefits of using database projects, DACPAC’s and BACPAC’s
- Agile Methodologies specifically the Scrum framework.
- Availability Groups
- SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Power BI
- 2018 - Top 20 in the BDO growth barometer - Nottinghamshire, 2017 - Top 200 company in Nottingham, top 50 in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table, Sunday Times top 100 Profit Track, Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year finals, Megabuyte Top 50 2016, and an IIP employer
- Excellent pension scheme with company 3% contribution
- Vitality Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare vouchers for eligible staff
- We believe in developing our staff and support our employees with their professional development goals.
- Great staff extras: Easter eggs, yearly BBQ, Christmas gifts and annual staff awards
- 24 days holiday with bank holidays on top when you start
- Staff draws for events such as free tickets to the British Superbikes
- Free parking, tea, coffee and daily fruit
- Case studies from some of our customers - ******************************-studies/
Interested in the role? Great, we look forward to your application!
Just to let you know, telephone interviews will take place while the advert is still live, face to face and technical interviews will take place after the successful telephone interview
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship outside of the UK is not available for this position).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535075