Energy Trading Analyst (Python, VBA, C#)
A leading renewable energy business in London is seeking a technically advanced analyst to assist in the development of the valuation models for trading.
A very challenging role the Trading Analyst will be required to contribute to projects and analysis in areas such as Stack model development, flexibility valuation, half-hourly shape valuation, storage/swing valuations, imbalance costs, weather derivatives valuation, etc.
An understanding of the principles and concepts of the UK electricity market, infrastructure and key players will be highly advantageous.
Experience in simulation modelling such as Monte-Carlo and scenario simulations, quantitative modelling techniques and Python, VBA and C# is essential.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work within the different trading groups to develop, improve and automate the tools, systems and methodologies current employed.
- Development of models to value Virtual Power plants, Demand side response and other relevant assets.
- Development and application of in-house fundamental power and gas Stack valuation models.
- Automate Trading tools, systems and methodologies across the Trading group.
- Support the Trading group by providing insightful analysis of commodity market fundamentals.
- Support the development and improvement of models to create gas and power forward curves down to a Half hourly level.
- Provision of bespoke analysis to trading group as requested.
Ideal qualifications, skill sets and experience:
- Graduate in related higher degree (e.g. Mathematics, Numerical Methods).
- Strong technical skills; knowledge and experience working with technologies such as Python, C#, VBA, Excel.
- Knowledge of UK renewable energy markets, Commodities and Derivatives trading ideal.
- Knowledgeable in simulation modelling such as Monte-Carlo and scenario.
- Simulations, and complex mathematical methods such as constrained optimisation problems.
- Demonstrable experience of quantitative modelling techniques with the ability to create complex financial models.
- Extensive database and statistical analysis experience.
If you have the relevant energy background or career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529851