Head of Media and Communications
Our well established government client is currently looking for a Head of Media and Communications to join their team on an initial 6 month contract.
As Head of Media and Communications, you will direct the communications strategy to ensure our clients advice and warnings are trusted, listened to, and acted upon. You will inspire and lead a team of approximately 40 staff across communications and digital development, and will foster productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Working with the Chief Executive, and across Directorates, you will develop the right messages and activities for successful internal and external engagement and will have input into the corporate strategy.
You will co-ordinate corporate level change communications and contribute to a change plan for marketing, communications and digital professions.
The successful candidate will:
- 10 years + of communications leadership forming and directing high performing teams across media, internal, campaigns, and content creation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with confidence in presenting advice on complex, technical topics to senior stakeholders.
- Highly effective in managing and controlling budgets and programmes to time and quality.
- Adept at creating successful communications strategies that anticipate or respond to challenges and opportunities.
- Highly experienced in effective media and public engagement across traditional, digital and social channels.
- Confident in leading technical teams in the creation and development of digital assets such as apps and websites.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a large public sector body, however this isn’t essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large government body with opportunities for contract extensions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960535591