Control Systems Engineer
Our client an engineering design consultancy is looking for a Control Systems Engineer to work mainly in their design office but also out on site performing site surveying occasionally. Based in their Manchester offices for the majority of the time.
Engineering Design consultancy working in the Petrochemical, Chemical and Pharmaceutical sectors
Roles and Responsibilities:
Our client requires an experienced Control Systems Engineer to work on various UK projects, working in the Chemical, Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals sectors. A broad experience of the application and development of Control and SCADA systems in the above sectors is essential. Initially the role is to continue development of a Siemens S7-1500 with ET-200 remote I/O for application on a new build multiphase flow proving rig used to test large flowmeters.
- Experience and a good working knowledge of developing and programming Siemens S7 PLC’s with Winn CC SCADA is essential.
- An awareness of Schneider Concept PLC software systems on Quantum PLCs with Schneider Monitor Pro SCADA system would be beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience of GAMP5 software validation and testing is desirable.
- The ability to develop and write URS and FDS documents is required.
- The successful candidate may be required to work on most propriety PLC and SCADA systems.
- Some knowledge of system programming of Safety PLC’s and functional safety (IEC61508/61511) is desirable.
- The successful applicant will have previously worked “on site” including commissioning with the ability to interface with clients to carry out and participate in site project meetings, PLC/SCADA/DCS modifications and maintenance.
- The role will involve some travel to visit client sites; however the role will be based in our Manchester office.
- 40 hours per week, flexitime including early Friday finish, contract nominally 3-6 months duration with potential to extend. Start date ASAP.
- Pay rate is flexible to attract the right candidate, but for this level of experience we would expect the rate to be in the range £38/hr to the man (excluding expenses).
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960534018