Head Marine Technician
Head Marine Technician
Location: Oxford outskirts
Salary: £30,000 p.a, subject to experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (including weekends & bank holidays)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding Charter Boat Company on the Thames, where you will play a key customer facing role in supporting the Manager with specific responsibilities for managing the technical team, fleet maintenance and boatyard facilities.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Head Marine Technician:
- Manage the fleet of boats maintenance and servicing across two bases on the Thames including line management of technical staff.
- Recruit, train and develop the technical team to ensure high levels of expertise and productivity, building on staff retention and job satisfaction.
- Perform hands on practical duties alongside the team, leading from the front.
- Involved in administrative tasks such as planning maintenance programmes, boat lifts, completing and filing maintenance records and so on.
- Perform, manage and monitor boat handovers and briefings to ensure customers are receiving the best possible service and leave feeling confident to handle their boat.
- Support the Base Manager to ensure base and boating operations are fully compliant with regulations and industry best practice, following company policy at all times.
- Pro-actively work to avoid complaints, resolving all issues raised locally immediately.
Essential skills and experience the Head Marine Technician must have:
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and ready for a new challenge.
- Strong technical skills and experience within a marine environment.
- Engineering and / or technical qualifications.
- Experience of managing a team and the maintenance of a fleet of boats.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build internal/external relationships.
- Ability to successfully deliver results, maximising resources available.
- Relevant experience/interests.
- PC literate (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Able to work with deadlines, targets/objectives and cope with pressure.
- Able to work independently and on own initiative.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel.
- UK driving license.
- French/German languages would be advantageous.
Benefits the Head Marine Technician will receive:
- 26 days holiday.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Private Healthcare Scheme.
- Significant discounts and travel benefits.
- Life assurance scheme.
- Amazing staff discount scheme on various products.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, and would like to work for an exciting, driven and focused employer, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications Lloyd Recruitment Services receive, we are only able to contact short-listed candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532061