Financial Controller – Bristol
About my Client
My client is a well-established, profitable, manufacturing company based in Bristol. They are currently looking to expand their close-knit finance team and hire a Financial Controller to lead and manage a team of 4.
This is a hands-on Financial Controller position with an equal mix of technical finance duties as well as driving the performance of the company. My client needs someone who has a commercial mindset and is comfortable in reporting and presenting to both Financial and non-financial managers. Someone who will be driven and determined to make positive changes to the companies finance and comfortable in implementing new systems into the business.
- Lead and manage the finance team, providing all aspects of financial control and transactional processing for the production facility.
- Provide proactive business support and financial analysis to the Leeds plant manager and management team
- Oversee cost effective financial back office activities (payables, receivables, credit control, banking, VAT returns etc)
- Proactively contribute to a continuous analysis to remove or drive down costs, maximise revenues and recognise synergies with other GPI sites across the UK
- Conduct performance reviews, design development plans and set annual goals and competencies for finance team.
- Manage financial reporting in a timely manner
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or similar – QBE Considered
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a Financial Controller role
- In depth finance experience – ideally in Manufacturing or FMCG
- Computer literate, SAP experience beneficial
- Knowledge of SOX and SAO extremely beneficial
- In return my client can offer a salary of up to £56k + Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526640