DevOps Engineer (AWS, CENTOS, Bash/Perl)
FPG are recruiting on behalf of a Global Broadcast Organisation, our client is interviewing immediately for a DevOps Engineer with AWS Cloud, Linux and Bash/Perl experience. Previous experience with major broadcast companies such as NBC Universal, Channel 4, BBC, Sky, ITV, Ericsson Red Bee Media, Globecast or Encompass etc. is a bonus. Experience with Kubernetes, Promethius, VMware, Powershell, Jira and Confluence is highly desirable but not essential.
Access Services, part of the Data Services group, use a number of bespoke systems to aide planning and production of Subtitling, Audio Description and Sign Language Translation output. The role of the DevOps Engineer is to support the development and use of tools in this area.
- The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for working with 3rd party organisations, internal DevOps Architects / Engineers and product teams to support and develop existing and new solutions / platforms within Access and Data Services. This will include the Subito suite of applications (Live, Vault, C&D Engine, Sentinel and Connect), Plan Bee (Global planning system), RIT (Resource Integration Tool), and various file production tools to facilitate subtitling, including platforms incorporating Automated Speech Recognition technologies.
- The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for supporting technical designs, deployment, technical (non-;functional) testing, integration into existing / related systems, cost efficiency and long term supportability.
- The DevOps Engineer will also have responsibility for providing a 3rd line ‘On Call’ support function for engineers supporting live environments and will require occasional international travel to assist with major deployments in new / existing markets.
- Whilst this role is primarily technical, it requires excellent communication, teamwork and collaboration, working with clients and colleagues to deliver our technical architecture and strategy.
- A mature understanding, and practical experience of, AWS and their services
- Demonstrable experience maintaining Linux (ideally CentOS) server based systems.
- Demonstrable experience scripting solutions within Bash or Perl (or equiv.)
- Demonstrable experience with Jenkins and Puppet.
- Demonstrable experience of administering and monitoring Java based architectures.
- Experience working with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, NewRelic).
- Experience with Kubernetes, Promethius,
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB, RDS or equivalent
- Experience of administering VMWare (ESX) and virtualised hosts.
- Demonstrable experience scripting in PowerShell
- Practical knowledge of information security approaches
- Experience with product development of bespoke, in-house, applications
- Practical experience of authoring internal documentation.
- Experience of Atlassian (e.g. Jira, Confluence) tools
Key Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrable experience of systems design, ongoing maintenance and fault finding in a complex operational environment, dealing with a variety of interdependent business critical systems across multiple organisations.
- Understanding of the concepts and benefits of Agile, DevOps, Configuration Management, Continuous Delivery and Cloud Computing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and strong inter-personal skills. Experience communicating complex technical information to a variety of audiences
- Practical experience applying IT technology within a high availability service delivery operation. Practical appreciation of working in a 24*7 business.
- Ability to identify and articulate benefits of credible technology solutions. Focussed on ensuring technical decisions meet both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible and accountable, able to work independently and as an integral member of a team. Confident in own ability and judgment, with drive, resilience and determination.
- Sets high standards and demonstrates energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a desire to achieve goals. Appreciates and understands commercial implications of technology decisions and approaches
- Ability to travel, maintaining high levels of work and good relationships on a number of sites.
- The DevOps Engineer reports into the Access Services Core Platforms Lead.
- Some of the projects to be undertaken may require a degree of matrix management by a Emerging Platforms lead or the Deployment Lead within the Access Services team.
- The role will work closely with teams from across the centralised Technology Delivery matrix and Access Services business unit, to success.
- The role will work closely with central Technology Operations teams and AS Tech (Access Services own technology function) to ensure a smooth handover of any new solutions or services to Business As Usual (BAU) technology services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529891