QA/Test Analyst - Altrincham
I am looking for an experienced Tester for an exciting opportunity with a South Manchester based Software Consultancy. The company is growing and are a very different type of IT consultancy. With a clear strategy, much fun and enthusiasm they are committed to transforming their clients businesses through the innovative use of technology.
The company is looking for someone who is a pragmatic perfectionist, someone who is driven by quality and technical innovation. Someone who accepts nothing less than the best. Someone who relishes a challenge, driven by the satisfaction of creating something unique and of value. Who doesn't want to be constrained by role or title but the desire to take on a multitude of diverse responsibilities and improve. If you want to work alongside smart people who can both challenge but ultimately, are highly supportive and share the same passion, along with a sense of fun, then that's exactly what they are looking for!
You may just have a years experience, or maybe more, but the a key attraction is passion, drive and versatility. You will have worked across the software development lifecycle; refining requirements, working with scrum teams and business stakeholders. You are comfortable in working with agile methodologies, applying pragmatism without compromising quality, you will be key in taking vision through to quality product delivery.
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level.
- Experience with all aspects of the SDLC and SDLT.
- Experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) methodology.
- Hand on experience in testing Web Based Applications.
- Experience in various types of Testing as: Functional and Non-Functional Testing, Black Box testing, System, Usability, Smoke, UI, Compatibility, Responsive, UAT, Regression Testing.
- Experience in Developing, Executing & Maintaining Test Cases in the Cloud based Test Management Tools like TFS/VSTS, JIRA or similar.
- Experience in Creating and Maintaining both Automated and Manual Test scripts of Web Based Applications.
- Review and Analyse the Business Spec for UX/UI with Scrum Master, Product Manager and Involved teams (Internal and External)
- Define, and report against quality and coverage criteria, ensuring the use of appropriate measurement, analysis and reporting.
- Experience in Creating & Maintaining all the Testing Related Artefacts for All Phases of Testing (Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases & End User Acceptance Completion Reports)
- Investigate failures and failure analysis, determining root cause and driving corrective action through the engineering and design teams.
- Organised and capable of working on multiple tasks efficiently.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently and within teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS/VSTS
- Use of innovative technology solutions to improve efficiencies in testing and defect prevention.
- Experience with test tools; UFT/Selenium WebDriver, LoadRunner/JMeter or similar.
- Experience in API (REST and SOAP) Testing using tools like SOAPUI , Fiddler and Postman or similar
- Knowledge of automated frameworks: TestNG, Junit, POM-Maven, BDD, TDD,
- Knowledge of IDE: Visual Studio/Eclipse or similar.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Octopus, Jenkins or similar.
- Knowledge of MS SQL and Windows technical environments.
- Demonstrable experience in the whole testing life cycle including knowledge of various test methodologies, definition of test plans and test scripts, test execution and raising defects.
It's a role where you will have ample opportunity to learn new skills and develop and they would expect you to help shape the role as you move forwards in your career.
If you are have the skills required then please get in touch with Gillian Twist ************* or send your CV for consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960514704