IT Infrastructure Designer
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Infrastructure Designer to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
As an IT infrastructure designer you will be responsible for producing Infrastructure technical designs to support the business in line with the groups technical strategy and market developments.
You will be responsible for providing a third line escalation when required on technical issues affecting services and acting as an SME in their technical areas and will generate infrastructure designs in response to business projects.
Ultimately, you will have ownership for overall Infrastructure design aspects of projects assigned, working closely with other SMEs, Architects, Infrastructure Build, Project Management, and IT Services to endure standard solutions which comply to strategy and policy.
Key Activities & Deliverables
- Supporting the delivery of Projects
- Production of Infrastructure Designs
- Acting as an expert in the design and deployment of IT solutions
- Input into and development of Infrastructure Strategy, IT strategy, roadmaps and standards
- Defining and Monitoring consistency across all OpCos within areas of specialism, through designs which comply with group strategy and standards
- Working with domain and enterprise architects to achieve programme consistency
- Assisting project managers in creating and maintaining project plans (focused on, but not exclusively around, technical design deliverables) and technical Governance
- Carry out solution options evaluation for technical deliverables
- Advising colleagues and customers of feasibility and risks of potential solutions and support creation of project mandates
- Maintaining awareness of IT and industry trends and benchmarks
- Working with 3rd party services, delivery partners and external vendors to deliver solutions
- Developing designs balancing requirements, costs, and risk.
- Peer reviewing designs, identifying opportunities for developing shared platforms and services, simplification, and cost reduction
Ideally you will have a mix of technology experience as seen below:
- Modern Workplace (Office 365 & Windows 10)
- Windows Server or Unix/Linux virtual environments
- Server Virtualisation and Virtual Desktop environments
- HA and DR technologies
- Identity Management
- Storage, SAN, NAS, Backup technologies
- Security and Certificate Services
- Active Directory, Exchange, Collaboration Tools
- Service Management
- Microsoft Management Toolsets including Azure
- Microsoft or other Licensing
- Experience in a similar environment, ideally experience of international Operations with 2 years of experience in technical design
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly by sending your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) Coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530311