Control & Automation Engineer
My client is a leading manufacturer of a very niche product with a strong European presence who are going through an exciting period of growth. They have an opening for a Control & Automation Engineer to join their Maintenance team. Your remit will be to provide technical support for automated control systems and controlled functions/processes. You will carry out physical evaluation tests on these systems. You will identify, implement and qualify automation projects that deliver improved efficiencies and process robustness.
Your main duties will include:
- identify upgrades to equipment control systems
- planned and reactive maintenance and support installation of new systems
- provide technical expertise and subject matter knowledge relating to equipment controls
- provide guidance in the resolution of equipment failures
- support CI activities in modifying new equipment and systems
Candidates will be qualified to HND or Degree level in Instrumentation, Control or Electrical Engineering. You must have hands-on experience of programming, commissioning and troubleshooting of PLC's (ideally Siemens 7) and HMI systems. You will have experience in troubleshooting on control panels with knowledge of instrumentation, drives and sensors. Candidates should have experience of working in a highly regulated environment such as pharmaceutical or medical devices or similar.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960527020