Senior Java Developer
Zaizi are looking for a Senior Java Developer who is a technology enthusiast, an experienced and forward thinking coder who enjoys designing software, and who has considered opinions about modern software architecture.
Our people are central to our continued growth. We look to attract and retain diverse, engaged, passionate and experienced people who thrive on solving complex challenges through creative thinking. Enabling our customers to succeed and have fun doing it!
As a Senior Java Developer at Zaizi a typical day might include the following:
- Java development using spring framework, primarily REST APIs or backend services.
- BPM development
- Cloud deployment - in particular AWS
- Work within an agile delivery team
- Supporting junior developers
- Work on something you have never done before
- Attend or speak at a Technical Conference
- Dodge Nerf bullets
You will be an expert in the following: - Java - REST - BPM - AWS - ActiveMQ - Spring - Docker. You will also be familiar with development tools such as the Atlassian Suite and have experience with at least one database.
- A close knit community of passionate and experienced people
- Some awesome graduates we are nurturing to become future rock-stars
- A supportive environment in which you can explore new opportunities and develop new skills
- Regular meetups and international conferences where we share our knowledge and expertise
- Great coffee and free fruit
- Nerf guns - just for fun!
- 5+ years in Java development
- Experience of development in: Java, REST, BPM, AWS, Messaging, Spring, Docker and at least one database.
- Fluent English and a high level of communication skills both technical and non-technical
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Solved a few technically challenging problems
- Experience of working in an agile/scrum development environment and be familiar with standard testing and release cycles.
You might also have:
- Currently valid UK Government Security Clearance
- At least 5 years development experience
- Alfresco Activiti or Apache Kafka experience would be an advantage
- Familiarity with working with cloud infrastructure
- Contributed to open source software
Please note you must have current valid UK Government Security Clearance, or be eligible for clearance if we apply on your behalf (to be eligible you must have been resident in the UK for the past 5+ years with no criminal record)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529043