Manchester / Home Based
Excellent Salary depending on experience + Car Allowance + Benefits
Becoming a Legal Counsel with Capita Group Legal & Commercial:
We have an exciting new role for a Legal Counsel working within the Capita Group Legal & Commercial division. The role of Legal Counsel will be responsible for the day to day management of a portfolio of dispute resolution cases that are being made by or against the Group. The person appointed to the role will interact with and support case file preparation in conjunction with the Divisional legal support teams to manage all litigation, mediation and other dispute resolution processes adopted with clients, suppliers and third parties. Liaison with the Senior Legal Counsel in the preparation of written monthly updates on all legal cases under management and the reviewing drafting, negotiating and correctly executing mutually beneficial contracts, contract variations and settlement agreements with clients, suppliers and third parties.
What you will do:
- Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel on progress with allocated caseload of litigation, mediation and other dispute resolution processes engaged in with clients, suppliers and third parties.
- Have a reasonable working understanding of the legal and commercial frameworks prevailing in all countries in which the Group operates.
- Liaison with Divisional legal resources and enhancing the contribution that the legal support team can make to the overall resolution of differences between the Group and clients, suppliers and third parties.
- Supporting a legal services best practice group for extending the skill sets of legal professionals working for the Group and helping them to increase their contribution to the profitability of Capita.
- Support the oversight of the structure, operation of and staffing of the divisional legal teams and their adherence to Group policies and procedures
- Liaison with all Divisional Executive teams to provide proactive support to resolve differences with clients, suppliers and third parties on their behalf.
Your experience will include:
- At least three years post qualification experience leading contentious and non-contentious legal and commercial negotiations with clients, suppliers, third parties and professional intermediaries in the public and private sector
- Comprehensive experience of the UK courts, mediation and other dispute resolution processes and associated strategic level negotiations
- Articulate and numerate drafting, presentation, persuasion and coaching skills in negotiations exploring the positions, interests and needs of all parties
- Effective risk management processes for regulated and non-regulated businesses and to integrate new business contracts and acquisitions
- Change management of large client and supplier relationships.
About Capita / Group Legal & Commercial:
Capita is the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita Legal are responsible for the governance of resolution of differences between clients, suppliers and third party relationships. This includes resolution of differences by informal negotiation, mediation, litigation and pre-action disclosure protocols.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 27), car allowance, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact *************************** for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530580