Chief Engineer (Electronics)
Chief Engineer (Electronics)
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
- Provides regular technical execution leadership/guidance/mentorship to projects to ensure effective and efficient program execution to team achieve On Time Acceptable Delivery. This goes beyond simple participation in program readiness or technical reviews and includes day-to-day interaction with projects on an on-going basis.
- Reviews project-related systems, software and hardware design activities to insure architectures and designs are technically sound and compliant with requirements and regulations, risk is well managed and technical maturity is achieved in accordance with the execution plans.
- Provides leadership in problem solving approaches.
- Reviews the quality of systems, software and hardware technical approaches and the cost & size estimates for proposals, to ensure estimates are reasonable and risks are well understood and documented appropriately.
- Provide timely objective assessments on technical and engineering execution ‘health’ across projects.
- Identifies, shares and implements lessons learnt between projects and programmes.
- Understands and articulates the organisation's business direction, approach, culture, and values to develop commitment to business success.
- Can explain how individual objectives contribute to the achievement of our operational goals.
- Encourages innovation and development to find better ways to do work.
- Collaborates effectively both externally with customers, partners or suppliers and internally with resources across GDMS.
- Acts as a thought leader and technical driver on proposals.
- Leads by example.
- Provide guidance to ensure we conduct ourselves with integrity.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence in design, development and delivery of complex Hardware/Software based Avionics Systems and Products at all Design Assurance Levels (up to and including RTCA/DO-254 & RTCA/DO-178B/C DAL A), or a background that provides the equivalent transferrable experience/competence.
- 2Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience/competence across engineering disciplines (Systems Engineering, Hardware Development, Software Development,
- Safety Engineering, Support Engineering etc.)
- 3Demonstrable leadership competence with an ability to influence individuals without reliance on direct line management relationships
- A demonstrable ability to build effective relationships
- A demonstrable ability to think at the systems level and innovate
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent analysis and decision making skills
- A willingness to learn and develop any gaps in experience/competence
- Degree in a relevant Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or IT discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrable experience & competence in design, development and delivery or complex Hardware/Software based Avionics Systems and Products
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531737