Solicitor - London
Systech International require a dual qualified Quantity Surveyor/Solicitor to provide legal expertise and claims support from our Manchester office. The required individual will be happy to work away from home Mon-Fri when necessary supporting our clients on site.
Systech International is a niche construction and engineering consultancy which following the Legal Service Act acquired the niche construction and engineering practice, Systech Solicitors.
From our global network of 28 offices, we advise clients on major projects throughout the world.
Our team includes experienced lawyers who hold dual qualifications as construction professionals.
We provide contentious and non-contentious legal advice to our clients over the full lifespan of a construction project - from initial procurement advice to contracts drafting and on to project lifecycle advice and formal dispute resolution and advocacy.
You will have gained non-contentious and contentious experience, with the skill set and confidence to manage disputes. The role will cover the following areas:
- Advising major contractors on contract strategy, risks, procurement, tendering, partnering and financing.
- Drafting and negotiating of construction contracts and providing project lifecycle advice on major domestic and overseas building and infrastructure projects.
- Primarily focussed on NEC, JCT and FIDIC forms of contract.
- Acting on behalf of our clients on large scale disputes (including adjudication, litigation and arbitration) across the globe.
- Secondment to blue chip construction contractors
- PQE 4 - 6 years, PQE 6 - 9 years, Senior Level
The role will require flexibility in terms of international travel, as and when the business requires and could involve fixed term secondments.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532218