Our client are looking for aSoftware Developer to join their team based in their Edinburgh office.
As Software Developer, you will be expected to develop effective, robust software solutions to grow the business and improve the quality of what they deliver.
As Software Developer, you will;
- Contribute to the high standards of team output, writing clean, maintainable code that creates business solutions in an efficient, timely manner
- Ensure current software is working efficiently and in the expected way. Troubleshoot any issues in a timely manner with solutions that are robust
- Play an active role in ensuring team sprints are efficient and effective, and that project deadlines are met. Communicating progress/issues, providing input to help team work around blockers and other issues
- Educate wider team on specialist areas of knowledge, taking responsibility for ensuring knowledge transfer/upskilling is an ongoing concern
- Have a working knowledge of the SCRUM Agile process to work efficiently and effectively with your colleagues
- Communicate in a timely manner with senior developer(s) and other stakeholders on progress and issues
- Look for ways of improving processes and day-to-day tasks to bring value to the team and the business
As Software Developer, the following skills experience is required;
- Working knowledge of writing asynchronous, scheduling software
- An understanding of microservices architectures
- Strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Agile development best practices
- Experience with database technologies, data querying and working with APIs
- Experience in data handling and manipulation
- Strong test and quality delivery capabilities
- Good knowledge of software architecture principles
- Demonstrate ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Experience with RabbitMQ is desirably but not essential
In return as Software Developer, you will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- A great work life balance through flexible working hours
- Company pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible annual leave (34 days)
- Opportunity to join an organisation that is in a growth period.
If you meet the skills and experience above and are keen to learn more then please send your CV letting us know when you are free to talk further. We can call out of core office hours.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526955