Business Intelligence Manager
The Business Intelligence Manager will be involved in the entire reporting development life cycle. You will be responsible for working closely with stakeholders to articulate their requirements and advise on Data best practice as well as lead analytical development through the use of BI tools such as SQL Server, CX Air, SSIS, Excel and ETL processes.
You and your team will be responsible for producing both periodic and ad-hoc reports for internal 'customers' in a timely and accurate manner.
You will be required to contribute to the automation of reporting and to produce and maintain detailed process documentation and report specifications. You will be the 'Go-to person' for the Banks Reporting Platform and manage and maintain continuous improvement of the Bank's data-integrity and improved efficiency for reporting.
You will work across departments to manage BI support, as well as this you will be responsible for a handful of staff, ensuring that they are prioritising work correctly and working effectively.
- Production and publishing of internal operational reporting by development and amendment of reports using the internal reporting tool
- Development and maintenance of a larger data warehouse and ETL environments
- Develop queries to extract data on departmental needs
- Discuss with staff, users and management to develop requirements to create new report or revise current report
- Ensuring timely and accurate delivery of all reports
- Field and train ad-hoc report requests and data enquiries from internal Operational customers
- Mentor and develop Operational staff within the Bank for training, problem resolution and the building of an effective reporting
- Utilising advanced knowledge of Excel (in order to automate existing manual reports across)
- Continually automating and improving processes within the team
- Manage stakeholders at all levels, ensuring issues are dealt with effectively
- Documentation of internal production procedures
- Strong core in SQL database technology and surrounding complimentary systems with an advanced level of knowledge in Excel
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Apply data analysis techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes
- Thorough understanding of the analysis process and can collaborate with Operational teams and stakeholders
- Independently validate information, and specify and applies appropriate analytical techniques to report results to users (clients, management, third parties, etc.)
- Assess the integrity of data from various sources and apply a variety of analytical and presentational techniques
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts
- Solid experience in lending, banking or financial services industry
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531726