Lead / Senior Java Software Engineer - Manchester
Lead / Senior Java Software Engineer
Central Manchester – Negotiable Salary with Work From Home + great benefits
We have a number of vacancies for Senior Software Engineers (Java) to help us improve and grow our range of products and to work on consultancy projects with high-profile customer organisations. We develop several major products written in Java and as one of the senior engineers you will help bolster our current team and help to improve and grow the product as well as having a say in the direction we take.
We need someone with a significant amount of experience with Java based applications and ideally you will also have significant experience of developing Google App Engine applications. You should be a quick learner with an ability to adapt to many different technology areas, from G Suite APIs, to identifying and investigating task problems within App Engine, to strategies for scaling applications reliably.
The position is currently home-based, but we are looking for someone within easy travelling distance to Manchester (close proximity to the train / tram stations) for odd occasions when the team is required to meet up.
Salary £40,000 - £65,000+ depending on experience (Negotiable)
Skills & Requirements
- Experience of getting products to market, on-time
- Writing, and finishing, great code with excellent attention to detail
- A solid background in software development with several years’ experience with Java and an ability to adapt to other languages as and when required
- Experience with the Google App Engine stack or significant experience with other servlet based applications such as Tomcat
- Experience of using NoSQL databases and the benefits and issues of such data stores
- Exposure to GWT, AngularJS and other web frontend technologies
- Knowledge of a range of Google products including G Suite and its APIs, Google App Engine and the range of Google Cloud Platform services and APIs
- Knowledge of a range of Microsoft Products and APIs including Exchange Web Services (EWS), MAPI, Office 365, Sharepoint and Azure APIs
- Exposure to cloud-based software development, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, G Suite, Google App Engine, Microsoft Office 365, Amazon, etc.
- Experience with developing secure, scalable applications
- Exposure to agile and iterative development processes
- A focus on getting the job done right, first time
If the thought of working with the above tech excites you then please click on the ‘Apply Now’ link and we’ll call you straight back to discuss. We are looking for someone to start asap but will obviously be patient for notice periods etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526636