Citrix and Windows Platform Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Citrix and Windows Specialist with previous managerial experience to join our impressive Leeds based HQ, leading our Core Platforms Team.
This role will be a mix of managerial and hands on Citrix focused work, withina team providing technical expertise across our dynamic estate of applications delivered from the strategic Citrix and Windows server estates to our 14,000 users worldwide.
The current team is expected to follow technical strategy, processes and standards. and contains experts in enterprise Microsoft technologies, who are able to provide expert level support, contribute to project delivery, understand ITIL processes and demonstrate an in depth knowledge of appropriate tools, processes and operating system integration techniques.
This role predominantly requires an in depth knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, Microsoft Windows, VMware, NetApp Storage, Active Directory, and Azure technologies.
This role adds value by implementing, maintaining and supporting, to common standards, solutions that are consistently stable, reliable and meet customer requirements within demanding timescales.
Key Skills Include:
*Previous experience of managing or leading a team within the Citrix or Windows Platforms
Strong understanding of Citrix XenApp technologies, including Cloud environments.
* Strong understanding of traditional Microsoft based enterprise computing environments.
* Strong understanding of Active Directory, deployment, authentication, security and standards.
* Strong understanding of Proxy Servers, implementation and standards.
* Good understanding of network protocols and technologies in enterprise network environments.
* Strong understanding of NetApp storage deployments, concepts and implementation strategies.
* Strong understanding of virtualisation host environments, including Citrix XenServer, and VMware hypervisors and deployment in enterprises.
* Strong understanding of physical server hardware, blade architectures, and infrastructure.
* Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud computing environment.
* Understanding of App-V package deployment models, primarily Shared Content Store mode.
* Ability to integrate legacy applications into 64-bit application delivery platforms.
All candidates applying must have full valid rights to work in the UK and be available to start a Leeds based role within a reasonable timescale.
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532126