£22,658 - £24,964 per annum
37 (+3 Contractual Overtime) per week
Based at Locksbrook in Bath
Banes council are seeking and experienced Engineer who would be expected to undertake all aspects of fleet maintenance, including but not limited to Light vehicles / light commercial / LGV / PSV and Horticultural equipment. The successful candidate would be based in a state of the art workshop based at Keynsham reporting into the senior supervisor.
As a Fleet Engineer your main duties will include carrying out fault diagnosis, service, and repair as instructed to the standards laid down by the manufacturer, client and legislation. The individual will need to ensure faults are accurately diagnosed and reported to the Workshop supervisor/Controller stating fleet condition, safety, reliability and performance. As a fleet engineer you will need to ensure that quality procedures relating to the function laid down by our client and manufacturer are adhered to at all times.
You will need to be a fully qualified Vehicle Technician with a NVQ Level 3 or equivalent as a minimum, with at least two/three year’s technical experience post-Apprenticeship. It is beneficial if the individual holds a driving licence with a C category, be a committed individual and a good team player. You must be able to produce a high quality of work within a fleet environment and be motivated to work towards targets set for you and the team. It is preferred the holder holds a current Mot qualification but not essential as training will be provided.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Mobile Breakdowns / on site work
- Prep & Presentation for VOSA tests
- 6 weekly Inspections and fault repair
- Preventative Maintenance
- Fault Diagnostics
- Brake rectification (ABS/EBS)
- All associated paperwork, reporting and admin
The preferred qualifications required for this post are:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Light/PSV/LGV).
- MOT qualification to class IV, V, VII.
- A driving licence is essential of this employment and a full clean Category B, C & D driving licence is advantageous.
- IT skills including vehicle diagnostic.
Closing Date: 30 April 2018
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532955