Java Developer x3 - Hertfordshire
Java Developer - Java Software Engineer - Agile - BDD - TDD - Core Java - J2EE - Spring - Spring MVC Hibernate - XML - Maven - Java Developer.
Java Developer x3 required for prestigious financial organisation based near Watford, Hertfordshire. My client seeks experienced and passionate Java Developers to help build, test and maintain the next generation of their market-leading products. Ideal candidates will live within commutable distance of Watford, Hertfordshire and have expertise in development and delivery of robust Java/JEE applications.
- You will have good experience of end to end Java/Web application development in an Agile Scrum environment.
- You will to be able to understand user stories and requirements, contribute to proposed solution designs, and translate these into coded features or solutions that are simple, functional, scalable, and maintainable.
- You will demonstrate a flexible approach to the role, able to demonstrate or develop skills in Front End development, Back End development, systems analysis and testing as required.
- Extensive commercial automation experience testing mobile and web application software.
- Create, drive and build test strategies that are robust, reusable and scalable .
- Have good experience conducting system, integration and acceptance testing, writing test scripts, delivering quality driven applications in line with test strategies.
- Be responsible for creating detailed test artefacts such as test plans, test specifications, automated tests, defect tickets and reports.
- Work with both your team and other cross functional teams to plan and execute tests using the latest test automation technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely and efficiently.
- You will be equally comfortable in taking sole responsibility for delivery of features or working as part of a team.
- You will be enthusiastic about technology and comfortable taking initiative and innovating with new technologies and techniques.
- Candidates should have an excellent command of verbal and written English, and be focused on individual and team objectives as an active participant in the Agile/Scrum development process, completing assignments in time, and with the necessary quality.
- Good communication skills and working as a team player are essential. You will be able to adapt and align work to changing requirements and priorities, and be committed to delivering value for the organisation.
- You will have a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in use of Core Java SE and Java EE (JEE) technologies.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in use of Spring framework, including Spring Core and Spring MVC.
- Expertise in use of RDBMS technologies, SQL and JDBC in particular.
- Knowledge of OO, Enterprise Design Patterns and Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Based on business and technical requirements the ability to write and execute automated and manual tests (Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Adhoc and Compatibility) to enable defect detection and solution validation.
- Expertise in use of XML based technologies (JAXB, SAX, DOM, STAX etc.).
- Expertise in use of JEE compliant Servers (eg Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, etc.).
- Strong Agile Scrum experience, including TDD/BDD expertise and xUnit skills.
- Experience of working with Maven & Git.
- Test automation experience using Cucumber, Robot, WebDriver, Selenium and similar tools, and experience writing Gherkin scripts.
- Load and Performance Testing experience - LoadRunner, Performance Centre and JMeter or similar tools.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a financial global leader who invest heavily in their staff and offer great career progression. For full job description please contact Stephen Savva at SPS Resourcing or email CV to apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531103