Applications Engineer - Up to £45k
Up to £45k + Great Benefits
In this varied, technical & demanding role you will be responsible for direct interaction with customers in support of new and existing products and applications.
This role would suit an engineer who has worked around engines, generators, pumps & control systems and other similar technology. You'll probably be a generalist and know a little about a lot. Meeting the customer early on in the process, you'll identify and scope out the architecture of the new system and understand what the customer is looking for and then produce a design specification. You'll be a general point of contact for the customer and liaise with them about any technical questions or concerns they might have.
You'll probably have to travel a few days at a time up a maximum of a week, maybe a couple of times a month. This could be anywhere in the world.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A true hands-on engineering all-rounder with experience of high-speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electronics.
• Ideally some experience in the automotive or power generation industry with a solid understanding of diesel engines, generator sets, sensors, data acquisition technology, motor drives, inverters, high speed rotating equipment.
• Recent degree or equivalent in a scientific or technical subject preferred.
• A proven track record in customer facing roles, and able to represent the company to a very high professional standard.
• Experience and understanding of mixed mechanical, electrical, electronic/software and control systems.
• I.T. Skills - Microsoft Office, ERP/MRP, Networking, Solidworks, Labview, Adobe
• Multiple Language skills are desirable
• Available to travel overseas at short notice and occasionally for long periods
• Holds a current passport and EU/UK driving Licence.
This position would suit an Engineer who enjoys working in a varied and technically challenging environment. This might suit someone working as a Pre Sales or Project Engineer.
Company Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
27 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking on site
£40 per night away during the week and £200 per night away at weekends.
This company works a 4.5 day week
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please send me your CV in MS Word format or call me for an informal discussion.
We will never send your CV to our clients without consulting with you first.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960531930