To support the business in driving excellent supplier and partner performance on behalf of the business and the customer.
Working within the Finance team, you will be responsible for procurement for the client. You will also build good, strong relationships with key suppliers and partners, understanding processes (at our end and at their end) and feeding this knowledge into the business, ensuring that the overall delivery timeframes are not adversely impacted by the procurement phase or during this lifecycle. Proactive management of suppliers to deliver on time, on budget and to spec.
You will work closely with all Sales and Operational teams to gain insight and understanding into where you can add real value in the Procurement delivery.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the procurement profile with focus on continuous improvement within procurement.
- To manage and continuously review the Purchase Order Systems and processes to ensure they are accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business
- Report on supplier related performance - Spend, buffer stock, lead-times etc.
- Manage regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
- To work with the project management team to ensure all project related orders are expedited effectively
- Extensive knowledge on a broad range of commercial issues such as; negotiation, benchmarking, spend and savings analysis, pricing reviews etc.
- Comfortable with data analytics - Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working in a service orientated procurement environment.
- Practical supplier management experience.
- Accurate and timely communications to all relevant stakeholders, ensuring the customer is at the heart of what you do.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960532022