IT Security & Governance Manager - ISO27001, Cyber Essentials
IT Security & Governance Manager - ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, GDPR, CISSP/CISA/CISM
Our leading global law firm client require an IT Security & Governance Manager (ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, GDPR, CISSP/CISA/CISM) on a permanent basis to oversee and coordinate governance and security efforts across the firm in collaboration with other key stakeholders in the business.
The firm have several high-profile global projects coming up that the right IT Security & Governance Manager (ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, GDPR, CISSP/CISA/CISM) will be heavily involved in, these include:
- Expanding ISO27001 to other offices within region as well as involvement in pushing the standards more globally within Europe
Whilst working with the global leadership team and other global security specialists this IT Security & Governance Manager (ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, GDPR, CISSP/CISA/CISM) will have 2 direct reports (Team Lead & Security Analyst) and will be looked at as the primary link between the firm’s IT, legal and support departments ensuring a good two-way dialogue for risk management and governance and security best practices.
Some of the key responsibilities for this IT Security & Governance Manager (ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, GDPR, CISSP/CISA/CISM) are:
- Define and communicate governance and compliance priorities, including service level expectations, to the IT leadership team.
- Develop and monitor security and governance budgets.
- Develops, maintains evaluates, implements and updates related policies and procedures in line with both business requirements and national and international legislative changes, i.e. ISO 9001/27001/22301 processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee internal and external client audits as it relates to IT security and compliance.
- Coordinate and oversee third-party IT vulnerability assessments.
- Act as business liaison with all Business Services. In this role, engage in ongoing dialog regarding business unit's priorities and IT service requirements to support efficient operations.
- Align services to support Global IT requirements and standards.
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions for direct reports.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the firm's business leaders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent governance and security activities.
To be considered for this IT Security & Governance Manager opportunity you must meet this criteria:
- Obtain and maintain existing and future accreditations in accordance with applicable regulations, client-requirements and industry best-practices.
- Knowledge and experience of industry standards such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials.
- Extensive understanding of data handling best-practices and information management and governance.
- Knowledge and expertise of cross-border regulations, such as GDPR and EU data Privacy rules.
- Extensive information security experience, across broad security domains.
- Experience working with technical people responsible for implementing security technology.
- Ability to stay current with intrusion detection systems, hacker techniques, phishing schemes, emerging logical security threats, and compromised server techniques.
- Understanding of the compliance, legal and ethical obligations that organisations should have with respect to logical and physical security, personally identifiable information and data protection.
- Comprehensive knowledge about data handling and security best protocols.
- CISSP/CISA/CISM certification preferred.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960529655