£35k - £48k
PDQ are partnered with a global medical technology business that are creating advanced medical devices at their manufacturing site in Swindon and now looking to add a Project Engineer to their engineering team.
Reporting to the Engineering leader, you will be able to see projects through to completion and take complete control of projects having the autonomy to deliver and use creativity.
The primary function will be to implement cost reduction and conscious process improvements, alongside this you will be able to plan, track and manage the actions for multi-disciplined teams and external vendors to deliver projects within time frames and budget.
- Prepare accurate project schedules and capital appropriation requests for all projects
- Liaise with the quality, regulatory, facilities, production and marketing departments to obtain their input and / or support to ensure projects are successfully initiated and validated within time frame and budget
- Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes to improve productivity, quality, safety and efficiency. Innovate, design and specify new processes to meet manufacturing requirements, manage the selection of Vendors, placement of orders and track building progress through to Factory Acceptance Trials
- Prepare plant layout in response to changing manufacturing needs for both present and future requirements
- Prepare / Manage manufacturing and validation document amendments in relation to process change and the introduction of new equipment
- Coordinate the failure mode effect analysis process to carry out risk analysis of process changes. Provide operational and technical training as necessary
- Utilise Six Sigma Methodologies (DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control) and carry out Statistical data analysis to effectively scope and manage improvement activities
- Liaise with other Plants to exchange and share process knowledge that may potentially provide cost reductions and efficiency improvements.
- Ensure projects are compliant with Health and Safety legislation, environmental legislation, legislation appropriate to the medical device industry in both Europe and USA, and division / plant procedures.
- To coach and give direction to Engineering Associates under their control with regard to specific tasks and projects.
- Experience in a related environment, ideally medical device manufacture or pharmaceutical
- Demonstrated achievement on project management in related environment
- Worked with materials such as - ABS, Polypropylene, Nylon, Acetal, Polyethylene
- Knowledge or use of machinery including - IMM – Engel, Krauss Maffei, Fanuc, Netstal
- HND/ Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline preferred
- Minimum of HNC in engineering discipline
If interested, please apply and PDQ will get in touch to discuss.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960528463