Mechanical Fabrication Engineer
Our client is currently looking for a Mechanical engineer with experience of fabrication works (Milling, lathes and working to tight tolerances) to work on their site which consists of pilot plants, laboratories and general office space. The role is part of an instruments team delivering maintenance and project services supporting the site, contributing effectively within the Mechanical Instrument team. The role is a temp-to-perm arrangement and will be paid at £16 to £18 per hour dependant on payment method; the role is static and based on the Wirral. The role is temp-to-perm and will last circa 3-6 months initially.
- Undertake a variety of roles which will include the design, development and delivery of scientific equipment projects with full budget and timescale responsibility
- Taking briefs from the on-site scientific team for the creation of process machinery, design, draw and submit plans for approval and then building and installing instruments.
A renowned international FM and building solutions provider with extensive operations in both hard and soft services with a vast portfolio. They run contracts to multiple end users with excellent internal progression for driven and professional candidates.
Equipment may cover:
- Chemical and pharmaceutical plant equipment including services and utilities
- Developing client project briefs, creating designs, drawing accurate plans and building solutions
- Utilising IT programmes to develop the designs and solutions
- Must be able to gather and assess situations, set priorities and solve mechanical problems.
- Generate and use innovative and creative approaches towards all aspects of work, is able to adapt to meet changing needs and challenges.
- Manage projects from concept design through to commissioning. This includes quoting, organising and hosting meetings with customers and keeping within project budget control.
- Ability to organise own time and other resources to achieve agreed tasks, monitor progress and deliver to agreed timescales.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Must have Mechanical Engineering qualifications
- Must have strong experience of precision engineering.
- Shall be fully trained in operating workshop machine tools such as milling machine, lathe, surface grinder and bench fitting.
- Good liaison skills when dealing with third party suppliers, customers and clients
- Must have good computer literacy and be familiar with Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Numerate and Literate with developed communication skills
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the Contract
- Able to use initiative and take responsibility.
- Be organised and thorough.
- Ability to think creatively
- Good communicator
- Enthusiastic and determined
- A team player
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website ***************
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526336