Customer Support & Service Engineer
Customer Support & Service Engineer
£25,000- £35,000 + Benefits + Flexi working
I'm seeking a customer support and service engineer to join a new business to Manchester who develop hi-tech instrumentation and machinery for the medical and pharmaceutical sectors. They are a young, dynamic and rapidly growing company who have ambitious plans for the future.
This is a varied and interesting position and the role will see you playing a key part in the continued development of the company's customer base and product range.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Comply with company H&S policy at all times
- Worldwide support of field service engineers and customers with field issues and technical queries (direct and remote)
- Close liaising with Engineering / other departments to investigate field issues and assist in root cause analysis
- Being the main point of contact and communication channel to support major customers / collaborators
- Analysis of product 'change'
- Generation of service documentation
- Close involvement with NPI
- Being the 'Voice of the customer' within company processes
- Maintain a safe working environment ensuring that all company and regulatory standards are achieved at all times
- Working to tight deadlines
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of products and company processes
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a field service engineer (worldwide)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience liaising with key customers regarding major issues
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of 'Root Cause Analysis' within a formal process
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of working within a regulated environment
- Experienced working within a ISO13485 environment or similar (aerospace)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in testing product to a defined specification, using specified electronic test equipment
- Experience and involvement of NPI
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong reporting / documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Be able to work alone or within a team as required
- Be methodical with good attention to detail
- Clean driving licence
- Apprenticeship or City & Guilds/BTECH qualification in either Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Will consider candidates who have extensive experience with Electronic/Mechanical Wiring Assembly but perhaps do not hold a recognised qualification
- Immediate start available
- A challenging and enjoyable career with a friendly approachable team of passionate people.
- 26 days' holiday + bank each year.
- Excellent contributory pension scheme.
- A friendly modern office with tea, coffee and fresh fruit.
- A competitive salary and performance-related bonus.
- Generous sick pay and income protection.
- Death in service benefit.
- Access to a 24/7/365 employee assistance programme to discuss any personal problems in a confidential space.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious and growing company who are constantly pushing the boundaries with the development of cutting edge technology. The company offer strong training and development and a long and successful career.
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960530064