Customer Trainer (Mission Systems Operations)
Customer Trainer (Mission Systems Operations)
Summary of Role: The Mission System Operations Customer Trainer will work within the Raytheon UK Defence Training Support Services Team based at RAF Waddington. The successful candidate will be principally responsible for delivering classroom and simulator based training and the continued development of the Sentinel training curriculum based around the operational use of the Sentinel R1 aircraft.
This position is ideally suited for a candidate with proven operational experience in an Intelligence, Surveillance, Targeting and Reconnaissance (ISTAR) domain with knowledge and experience of SAR/GMTI airborne radar, data links, EW, air-ground communications and multi operator mission systems.
Although based at RAF Waddington, the successful candidate will also be part of the growing Airborne Solutions Team which delivers aircrew and ground ISR analyst training expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide. The role may also involve delivery of Human Factors, SMS and Regulations training.
Main Duties: Reporting to the Head of Training, this role requires a high degree of knowledge and experience in ISTAR operations, ideally from an aircrew perspective. This role will offer an exciting challenge in support of the Programme with responsibility for:
- Delivery of classroom and simulator based Sentinel Air or Ground Systems Platform Operations curriculum including, mission planning and execution, radar, mission systems, data links, LOS/BLOS communications, data management and ISR analysis toolsets.
- Development of Subject Matter Expertise on the Sentinel R1 systems and the wider system.
- Support to Sentinel Technical Courses.
- Training and understanding of the Sentinel System and Concept of Operations.
- Operation of the Sentinel Operational Training System (OTS) in support of theory and practical training.
- Development & further training within designated elements of the Sentinel curriculum.
- Contribute to the overall goal of delivering quality, customer focused training on time and within budget.
- Provide support to other Raytheon projects, bids and training services as required, which may involve travel and temporary residence at any Raytheon nominated site.
- Experience as an ISTAR Instructor.
- A proven track record of using and configuring emulation and simulation equipment or systems to support the delivery of theory and practical training.
- Demonstrable experience in airborne radar systems and/or airborne operations, the operation of aircraft mission systems.
- Delivering aerospace related material to the military or civil aviation sector.
- Knowledge of aircraft flight deck avionics and aircraft electrical systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the Bombardier Global Express Aircraft.
- Understanding and experience in commercial business related matters.
- Knowledge of military radar imaging systems, specifically, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI).
- Experience and familiarity with ISTAR operations.
- Experience in aircraft operations and communications.
- Holder of current SC security clearance (or better).
- Knowledgeable in the domain of EW/SIGINT/COMINT.
- Trained in Maintenance Human Factors and/or EASA Regulations.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2016 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrafice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 9-Day Fortnight. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Tea/coffee only at Waddington
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK proactively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Womens Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I councel, Reservist Network etc and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526313