Senior Systems Engineer - Process Automation
We are recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of highly experienced engineers based in Manchester. This role will be supporting our Process Industries & Drives division within Siemens. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work in a friendly team environment, responsible for producing high quality software solutions on time and within budget. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills, experienced in PCS7 and with the ability to write technical documents to a high standard.
This role will report to the Engineering Manager and Industry area's that may be covered vary from Pharma, Food, Manufacturing and Onshore Oil and Gas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Technical production of high quality software solutions on time and within budget.
- Be involved in the writing/co-ordination of Functional Design Specifications and associated documents.
- Be expected to travel and commission the equipment at client sites whether in the UK or abroad.
- Be involved in the testing of all software produced and configuration of systems to satisfy the client's application.
- When working within a project team, they will ensure that all activities are co-ordinated with the designated Lead Engineer & project manager.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A good all round knowledge and experience in an engineering discipline and a qualification in this area is an advantage.
- Experience of software & electrical engineering in the Process Control and MES environments especially PCS7 is essential.
- Experience of writing technical documents to a very high standard is essential.
- This role will be customer facing so, excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently with customers at all levels is essential.
- Experience of delivering training/knowledge transfer to customers is essential.
- A flexible attitude towards work (that at times can be outside of normal working hours) is essential. A UK driving license is also essential.
- Be highly motivated and work on their own initiative and also within a team.
- They will also be able to deliver solutions within the specified time and to budget.
Safe working is essential and candidates will be expected to attain various safety qualifications prior to any site attendance and comply with the Siemens Zero Harm and Electrical safety policy.
Our Process Industries & Drives division measurably increases our industrial customers' productivity and improve their time-to-market - with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. Siemens will support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year's revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. If you are appointed in to this role you will receive Siemens PLC terms, conditions and benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526285