DevOps Engineer | 2 years | Up to £650 per day
Evodia Consulting is looking for a DevOps Engineer to work on a task in London. This is a 2 year contract and has a day rate of £650, outside of IR35.
- DevOps engineer with good knowledge of Linux, cloud computing, WEB applications, Puppet config management, AWS, UNIX open source tools, networking, Internet security, containerisation.
- Scripting languages Bash+Ruby/Python.
- DevOps Engineer with hand-on experience with new technologies,such as containers (Docker, RKT) and the tool orchestration that surround these (DoreOS/Etcd/Flannel/Kubernetes/Fleet etc.)
Who you will work with
- Technical Architects, Network Architects and Developers
- Head of Core Platform team
What you will do
- Improve and expand AWS platform
- Apply changes using configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
- Coordinate and direct deployment of engineers on agile Development projects
- Support and troubleshoot complex micro-service based environment(Haproxy/Nginx loadbalancing)
- Improve monitoring and performance measurement tools (Sensu/Grafana/Logstash/ELK) 6. Participate in the oncall rota
- Work on containerisation of the services(Docker, Kubernetes)
- Perform DBA tasks on variety of Databases (Postgres, Mongo, Mysql)
- Implement and improve security stack/tools
- Configure continues integration pipelines for deployment.
- Automating various tasks using puppet, ansible and scripting (Shell + Ruby/Python)
Skills and Experience Required
Essential skills and experience
- Production experience in Linux environment: Linux, AWS, AWS SDK, AWS CLI, Terraform advanced/expert level. Puppet/Hiera, development Shell/Bash plus one higher level scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl, other) ELK Stack
- Production experience in Networking: Security and encryption (TCP/IP), Firewalls, Load Balancing: Harproxy, Nginx, SSL/TLS, for encryption in transit, DNS management, CSOC protective monitoring technologies)
- Production experience in managing databases: Postgres up to DBA level Minimum of 2 out of - Mysql/MongoDB/RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ System Admin
- Live project CI/CD administration: Jenkins, GIT (3+yrs), Artifactory or similar system, Docker/Vagrant, Working in Agile teams
- Proven experience of designing platforms for mission critical services in line with GDS standards
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of Her Majesty’s Passport Office systems
- Deploying Kubernetes
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960526532