Accounts and Tax Manager
Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts manager with an interest in tax to join the expanding team of a progressive business and advisory firm based in the East Midlands.
The Derbyshire office has a small, friendly team that enjoys the benefits of being in the Derbyshire countryside whilst being able to call on the wider support of the firm as a whole. The business is going through an exciting time of growth and the right candidate will be ambitious and want to help grow the business further.
Support with be provided for the right candidate to progress their tax skills and qualifications.
Key Responsibilities of the Accounts Manager
- Responsible for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining a good working relationship with colleagues and clients
- Planning the timing of accounting assignments
- Quality control of all accounting assignments
- Responsible for setting client fee budgets
- Responsible for client billing
- Responsible for WIP control
- Managing and training the more junior staff involved
- Preparation of tax returns and computations as appropriate
- Assist the partner with tax planning assignments
- Promotion of the firm in the community
- Development of connections likely to produce new business to the firm
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- It is essential that the applicant holds a full professional qualification, ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Management experience essential
- Some tax experience is essential - qualifications preferred but experience and enthusiasm are also important
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to detail
- A willingness to assist with marketing
- An interest in developing advisory skills further
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
For the latest industry news, views and jobs follow our LinkedIn page company/sellick-partnership
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.