Our client, a large national distribution business is looking to take on an ACA or ACCA newly qualified/ later stages part qualified Accountant for an excellent opportunity that gives you full balance sheet responsibility for the business. This role will see you develop as an individual in a supportive and proactive environment. You will be responsible for Financial Accounting for two divisions of the business and consolidate these monthly. Key responsibilities will include:
- Key balance sheet reconciliations, reporting and control for two multi currency trial balances
- Management accounts preparation
- Currency management including hedging
- Overseeing the bank and debtors reconciliations
- Various balance sheet reconciliations and reporting
- Annual statutory reporting and liaising with the auditors at year end VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation of the budgets
- Ad-hoc project reporting and commercial contribute to the business
- Liaising with auditors
- Pro-actively strive to drive improvements to the processes and systems
This is going to be an ideal role for a newly qualified person from a practice background (candidates from different backgrounds will be considered) who is happy not just doing the reporting but getting their hands dirty in some of the more mundane tasks from time to time. You will have sound financial accounting skills and be looking for an opportunity to join a busy finance team in a large fast paced business.
In return this really is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of Hull's premier employers earning a competitive salary and offering great prospects. If you are still studying later stages ACA or ACCA, an excellent study package is available.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960486880