1st Line Technician
We are currently looking for a 1st Line Technician to work as part of a dedicated Managed Services Team, providing remote support covering 400+ users across 13 sites internationally.
The Service Desk team provides support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis so shift work will be required, whereby an estimated 1 week in 6 will be a night shift.
General responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a single point of contact for IT and Facilities Incidents, Service Requests and Problems
- Provide a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress
- Provide telephone support to assist customers regarding the progress of their requests to fulfilment
- You will be required to process high volumes of calls, requests and emails on a daily basis whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail and customer service
- Proactively carry out network monitoring of alarms using client's monitoring tools
- Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Investigate and diagnose incidents by providing first line telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical Incidents such as hardware, software, application and network incidents with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible
- Resolution and fulfilment of incident and service request within the service levels agreed
- Develop a strong understanding of applications and underlying support processes and procedures
- Examples of adhering to and achieving set quality standards and measures
- Proven team working skills but also able to use own initiative to support our customers
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Desktop Applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Experience of recording all IT incidents, requests and problems, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with ITIL Service Desk standards
- Experience in supporting Windows, MS Office suite and an Office 365 environment, as well as administering Active Directory
- Liaise with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact
- Previous experience of providing excellent customer service supporting a large customer base in a complex setting, preferably from a FTSE 250 firm with cutting edge technologies.
- Previous experience of Sunrise as a ticketing tool for processing requests and tasks
- Experience in using remote support tools
- Experience of laptop/desktop and thin client support
- Experience of working in an ITIL® based environment
- Writing Technical Documentation with regards to User Training, Common Faults or Incident/Change requests
Generic Personal Qualities:
- Driven to provide excellent customer service at all times
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to utilise excellent written and verbal communication to customers of all abilities and levels
- Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst maintaining excellent customer service
- Excellent time keeping and time management, reliable with a 'can do' attitude
- Able to ensure that the professionalism required by the service delivery team is adhered to at all time
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.