Senior Category Manager
Senior Category Manager
£45-£55k + car or car allowance and upto 15% bonus.
My client are a Market Leading B2B organisation who are committed to their success by embracing and developing their employees. They are looking for a Senior Category Manager to join their team!
To further develop and support the growth of the business, the Senior Category Manager will have the accountability to develop the category strategy and to create the detailed product plans.
You will be leading and developing a team of Category Managers & Assistant Category Managers to develop plans that will maximise sales, margin & customer satisfaction. Category plans will be informed by multiple sources of internal & external insight (including commercial figures, market, customer, supplier, depot feedback, product trends etc). In addition you will work closely with the Supply & Product teams to introduce new product innovation and manage the product life-cycle to optimise performance.
This role would suit a Senior Category Manager wanting to develop their career or an experienced Category Manager looking to take the next step.
- Develop a clear and customer focused category strategy to deliver growth in sales & profit
- Creation of category product plan and high level financials through product reviews, supplier intelligence, design authority, competitor, performance & customer insight
- Provision of regular new product & test sales analysis and insight with summaries and recommendations for progression
- Engagement with the field / lab and depots on new product opportunities and gaps - via board meetings or feedback roadshows/forums
- Identification of future end of life products
- Provision of insight and summaries and recommendations for Product Strategy / Trade board meetings
- Develop, manage and coach direct reports and wider team to ensure they achieve business and personal objectives in order to reach their full potential
Skills & experience
- Previous experience of Category Management at a senior level in a fast paced commercial business
- Experienced in creating commercial product category plans
- Highly commercial with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in using market & customer insights to inform decision making and to create a customer focused category strategy.
- Strong analytical skills
- Great man-manager who will develop their team.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Organised, determined & resilient
- Confident to work alone i.e. competent to identify what information is needed, how to obtain it and effectively summarise recommendations