Competitive salary + Bonuses and Company benefits
Monday-Thursday, 9.00am-5.30pm, and Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm
Our client is a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and exporter of branded generic medicines and healthcare products throughout the world. They are proud to be a key manufacturer of medicines, supplying to the NHS, retail pharmacy sector and international markets, as well as being the UK’s trusted supplier to Aid agencies and NGOs.
They are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, organised and attentive individual for this role within their expanding, dynamic and progressive accounts team.
Reporting to the Accounts Manager, as an Accountant you will have a variety of responsibilities where precision and accuracy must be present. Key areas include, but are not limited to:
- Production of monthly management accounts pack and statutory accounts.
- Producing trial balances, balance sheets and profit & loss accounts.
- Journal entries including accruals and prepayments.
- Maintenance of internal financial controls and procedures.
- Annual budget and forecast preparation.
- Building excellent internal and external relationships.
- Supervision of the Assistant Accountant.
To be considered for the Accountant position, you will have the following qualifications, experience and skills.
- Worked within a financial environment for at least 3 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualified by experience or Finalist (Professional Accounting Qualification).
- Experience in using accounting software.
- Experience in building budgets and forecasts.
- Working understanding of stock.
- Working understanding of Corporation Tax.
- Experience in completing month-end duties including journals, Profit & Loss and Balance sheets.
- Understanding of VAT and processes.
- Experience of working within an accountancy practice.
- Able to provide analytical review and running commentary.
- Experience in analysing and submitting VAT returns.
If you feel you are suitable for their Accountant position, please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80849852