Opportunity for a mechanical or electrical engineering graduate with strong time management, planning and communication skills to work for a global leading manufacturer of electro mechanical products supplied to industries such as defense and utilities.
The position is a Project Certification Engineer initially for a 12-month project to certify measurement products (such as flow meters) / designs within the manufacturing site in Stonehouse, however there is a good chance for opportunities beyond this within an organisation of 130,000 people worldwide.
You'll be gaining good product knowledge as well as engaging with various departments within the business including design, engineering, production, supply chain, project management, product management and quality; therefore, this role will give you a good appreciation for (and could lead to a career within) various engineering functions.
The responsibilities of the Project Certification Engineer will include:
* New Products - Drive the implementation of product approvals according to the introduction process.
* Existing Products: Maintain the approvals for the agreed product lifetime.
* Support certification assessments and design reviews to influence design and assess product and project specific technical file impact.
* Be the lead consultant to design & development functions on all product certification issues for all designs
* Cultivate relationships and lead certification related interactions with customers and notified bodies
* Assess impact of new directives and standards on measurements product and incorporate changes into design definitions and processes.
* Guide engineers and suppliers to meet internal certification requirements.
* Promote company interest and certification methodology internally and externally.
* Support maintenance of all product and project certification Files and Certification databases.
* Support activities ensuring all Declarations of Incorporation / Conformity are accurate and representative of the target product.
* Support certification queries from all internal and external customers.
The client is a global leader within the engineering field with operations in 100 countries worldwidek, specialising in areas such as electrical manufacturing, automation and instrumentation.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Degree Qualified or HNC/HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering subject
* Attributes to manage several concurrent small projects (communication, report writing, time management, planning, autonomous)
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Project Management Certification
* Experience with certification engineering
* Product engineering experience
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80847648