Senior Engineer - CAD Design
Randstad Engineering are currently recruiting for a Senior CAD Design Engineer to work for a prestigious, leading OEM based in the West Midlands.
The purpose of the role is to work with minimum of supervision, on the realisation of component design & package on all aspects of the Body Structure in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- CAD design and modelling of Body Structures components, from concept into production.
- Preparation of detailed 3D PMI and 2D drawings to company drafting standards.
- Management of created CAD data into TeamCentre ensuring all modelling attributes are completed.
- Assistance in the preparation of engineering release packs.
- Use of Vis Mockup to review and present design concepts and solutions.
- Work under the direction of project engineer or PMST leader on a day to day basis.
- Investigation and support of issue resolution during pre-production, launch phase and post Job 1 line to establish root cause and produce design changes required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to a minimum of HND level (NQF level 5) or equivalent in an engineering related discipline, or can demonstrate good experience within Body Structures engineering.
- Skilled in automotive component and body system design using NX10 (or higher). Consideration will be given to those with Catia V5 experience who can demonstrate relevant component design knowledge.
- Knowledge of TeamCentre and VisMockup is beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of Body in White and Closures, one or more of the following: metal castings, extrusions, pressings/forming, RTM, SMC & C/F panels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing & tooling requirements.
- Working Knowledge of GD&T to BS8888
If this role is of interest; please click apply now.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80827908