Wordpress Developer - Cheltenham
Salary £30,000 -£40,000
Commutable from; Tewkesbury, Gloucester, Worcester
Our client is looking for an experienced Wordpress Developer to join their team in Cheltenham.
The client is an award-winning digital agency with offices in Cheltenham and London. They are looking for an experienced, forward thinking Wordpress Developer who is passionate about improving the internet and creating cutting-edge websites.
They are currently a close knit team of 14 who all share a real passion for the internet. All staff like to push the boundaries of what is possible online and are allowed to experiment and develop their talents within a collaborative environment.
You will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive Wordpress development of a wide variety of websites and plugins
- Strong PHP skills
- Experience working with MySQL databases
- API development and consumption
- Testing methodologies and frameworks
This role will be within a talented and experienced development team, working alongside the design and development department. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the latest cutting edge technologies.
We are looking for a Wordpress Developer with a strong PHP background with openness to new technologies. As customary, testing your code and creating applications that rely on architectural standards will be common sense to you.
- 3-5 years commercial experience of working with Wordpress
- You have strong PHP and MySQL experiences
- Experience working on RESTful web applications
- You love front end technologies such as JQuery and Vue JS
- Other essential skills would include Git, LESS / SASS
- Hands-on, motivated self-starter with ability to take direction and manage tasks with minimal supervision within an energised, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and great listening skills
- Innovative and creative, able to champion new ideas and initiatives with attention to detail
- Flexible and resourceful
- Plan and design the architecture of your projects
- You build clean and qualitative high-end code
- You know how and what tests are needed for your code
- Confidently estimate your time against set tasks
- Essential server administration skills
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Unique job role in an innovation friendly company with a very flat management structure
- Forward-thinking innovative agency who are passionate about the internet
- Freedom to develop your skills and enhance your knowledge
- You will be given an interesting range of projects and work within a diverse team who all like to collaborate and share their knowledge
- Free choice of OS
- Regular team events and much more
- A great office with a lot of comfortable space
- Wordpress: 3-5 years
- PHP: 3-5 years
- NEST Pension scheme 1% of salary
- 20-25 days holiday
- Flexible working hours.
GB Solutions is a market leading specialist recruitment agency. We are based just off the M5 between Cheltenham and Gloucester, within easy reach of Bristol, Swindon, Oxford, Reading, Birmingham and South Wales. Specialists in permanent recruitment we also provide temporary, interim and fixed term solutions. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for our candidates and clients.
If you would like to speak with one of our consultants about a specific role or help with your career search in the areas we recruit for, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80840152