Energy Compliance Analyst
Would you like to work for one of the UK's fastest growing FTSE 250 companies? How about a multiple award-winning business that offers career progression, great benefits and a sense of community at work?
Well if you do then you have come to the right place!
What we offer
At Utility Warehouse, not only do we offer stability and career progression, but also a fun and friendly workplace, which still has that family feel which you don’t often see in larger companies.
In addition to this, we are offering a competitive salary of £25-£30K, (dependent on experience), plus additional benefits including 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), an escalating Christmas bonus, share options, free tea and coffee, free parking, discounted PHI, discounted gym membership, a subsidised canteen and much more!
About the role
Industry codes underpin the electricity and gas retail and wholesale markets, and govern the arrangements for market participants in relation to the generation, transportation, distribution and supply of gas and electricity. Our Industry Codes and Compliance team work at the heart of this, ensuring that Utility Warehouse both meets and exceeds industry requirements.
One of the main responsibilities of this role, will be to monitor our compliance of industry codes, interpreting new change proposals, and ensuring any relevant changes are made to internal policies/processes accordingly.
You would be working closely with a number of internal teams (Regulation, Legal, and Technology to name a few), ensuring that all obligations set out in codes and compliance are met.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Produce a framework to monitor our compliance and providing monthly reports to Senior Management and other internal stakeholders
- Staying up to date with industry and compliance changes through independent research as well as industry releases
- Represent UWs’ interests at industry meetings, driving change proposals for the benefit of our Customers
- Translating and scoping industry change proposals
- Producing reports and guidance notes for internal teams where required
- Review and approve internally led change proposals, process changes and marketing material for impact on our compliance with industry codes.
This is a key role within our expanding Energy Operations team, offering great scope for progression as our business grows.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a focussed analyst, with experience of working in a position which relates to Energy Industry Codes, Governance and/or Compliance.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Understanding and experience of the regulatory landscape for Energy
- Current understanding of the following codes and frameworks: UNC, SPAA, MRA, DCUSA, BSC, SEC and SMICoP
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A good grasp of business and regulatory terminologies
If you think that this could be you and you would enjoy working for a fast paced and growing business, then you could be right for us and we look forward to receiving your application.
So if you’d like to be considered for this superb opportunity, then click apply today!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80851017