NCO Europe is looking to hire an experienced Programmer with strong C#, .Net, T-SQL and Microsoft Visual Studio skills. The individual should be articulate, able to engage with stakeholders at all levels and have experience working at all stages of the software development cycle. The successful candidate would be an integral part of an exciting code migration piece moving the company to a .NET system platform and working alongside a global software vendor.
As part of NCO’s development team, you will be working on a bespoke CRM system using an SQL backend. NCO utilizes win forms on Visual Studio using a .net framework to manipulate the CRM’s front end. In addition, you may also be required to create stand alone applications of varying complexity outside of the constraints of the CRM platform. Furthermore, you will be involved in working on business process improvement projects as NCO seeks to automate the mundane tasks undertaken.
Working in a small team of 2 Developers, you will be responsible for –
- Migration to a new .NET system.
- Designing solutions alongside the BA and wider business.
- Develop solutions to spec using the most relevant method and language.
- Test solutions with the end user and assist in making the final go/no go decisions.
- Implement software solutions following the businesses defined release process.
- Bug fixing to maintain NCO’s systems and processes.
- Working on automation pieces to streamline business processes in order to reduce costs and/or reduce risk.
NCO Europe is an industry leader in providing clients with successful business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions. Our outstanding portfolio includes accounts receivable management, customer management services, and back office services for a diversified customer base.
Our European Headquarters are based in Preston (PR1 1HJ) and this new 7 storey office building acts as the centre for our pan European operations
- Enjoy working at all stages of the software lifecycle.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Have ability to prioritize and organize work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to think outside the box and provide end to end solutions.
- A minimum of 2 years previous programming/work related experience required
- University degree or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Understanding and experience of the following –
- .Net development including competence in the following:
- Microsoft Visual Studio2008 (or above) and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (or above).
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- Competent with Object oriented code development preferred and source control and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) required.
- Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and database integrity concepts.
- Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) layer architecture to transform and load data into database for end use.
- Experience in creating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, modifying and creating SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, moving data to and from disparate source systems, Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and database integrity concepts, and mid and large range database scalability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Experience working with Crystal Reports 10.0 and/or Business Objects 3.1.
What we Offer
We also offer the following benefits:
- Access to PerkBox for ALL employees to gain access to nationwide benefits such as discounts at restaurants, supermarkets, health clubs, online retail outlets and much more
- Contributory pension plan (after 3 months employment)
- Free eye test vouchers
- 30 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays) increasing by 1 day per year up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Excellent canteen facilities with free touch screen internet access.
- Superb progression opportunities throughout the company
- Subsidised bus passes
- Working from home opportunities
If you believe that you have the required skills and live in the north west of England or are willing to relocate to the area then please forward your CV and a cover note to our recruitment inbox via the link below. We strive to reply to every applicant however if you have not heard with us within 2 weeks of your submittal then you have not been successful.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Employer reserves the right to modify this job description, including by adding, removing, and altering job duties.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80838898