An opportunity has arisen for a Revenue Accountant to join a well established professional services firm based in central London.
My client is an international staffing and recruiting firm and headquartered in the US.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as a key member of a highly visible regional Finance team, in a growing and diversifying business.
As a revenue specialist, the main objective of this role is to ensure revenue is complete and accurately reported in line with their established policies, processes and regulations. The team collaborates with colleagues from across the organisation in the review of revenue related items in client contracts and engagements.
This role will be responsible for revenue, accounts receivables transactions and reporting including:-
- Working with all lines of business to apply the established revenue treatments providing the day to day determination that sales bookings meet US GAAP requirements for revenue recognition.
- Review engagements for the application of accurate revenue recognition principles and escalate when necessary
- Executes the processes that the evaluate accrued and deferred revenues, especially as part of period end close
- Evaluates and escalates revenue issues as identified through accounting staff, Order to Cash, FP&A or field
- Lead monthly meetings with sales, consulting and/or project management to review engagements to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Approve credit memos after reviewing for impact to revenue and bad debt considerations
- Review change requests for engagements to ensure the impact to revenue remains correct
- Review various reports to verify accuracy of revenue for all revenue streams, which include consulting, licenses/subscriptions and web-based products
- Partner with and provide consultation to sales, project management and the order to cash teams on revenue considerations in regard to client contracts/agreements, engagements, invoicing and credit memos
- Working with external and internal auditors during EMEA audits
- Participate in projects / initiatives of the Revenue COE team
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- US GAAP experience (from a US Listed firm ideally)
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to prioritise workload
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Basic salary up to £60,000
- Competitive salary
- Pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Private medical insurance
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80848942