My client is a privately owned industrial group which designs and manufactures equipment and provides services for high technology markets including the aerospace, defence nuclear and rail sectors.
An opportunity has become available for a Project Manager working within the Engineering team and reporting to the Engineering Manager. You will be required to work directly with their customer’s to assist them in developing products, handling and logistics solutions to support their needs and requirements.
Using your own initiative you will develop and maintain working relationships with both customer contacts and other departments. You will utilise these relationships and work together to ensure that all new design projects and recurring production orders are meeting or exceeding all customer expectations in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
This could involve the co-ordination of designs with their design engineers, the production of prototypes with manufacturing, the preparation of a financial proposal, writing processes, standard operating procedures and risk assessments or anything else that is required to ensure that the project is successful.
You must be very organised and assertive to ensure that the project is progressed in line with the project plan which includes the monitoring of the projects actions, budget and risks.
- Co-ordinate internal resources
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of the project scope and objectives and ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Perform risk analysis and implement appropriate mitigation actions
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Carry out engineering studies: pricing, response to tenders
- Management of logistics projects (answer RFQs, projects start)
- Perform data extractions for creation of indicators, reporting
- Monitor and report on cost saving initiatives
- Proven working experience in project management / project engineering
- Experience of metal fabrications would be highly advantageous
- Solid technical background with understanding and / or hands-on experience in mechanical engineering
- Logistics background beneficial
- Excellent customer facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office
- PRINCE II certification is a plus
Financial awareness will be an advantage. The key to being successful in this role is your ability to build long term working relationships therefore being able to demonstrate this is essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80838766